You can enhance any piece of equipment in your possession using gems and enchantments.
To socket a gem or enchantment, follow the steps below.
- Hover your mouse over the desired piece of gear and click on its info icon:
- Each piece of equipment has one enchantment slot and one gem slot.
- Hover your mouse over an enchantment or a gem and click on the arrow icon to socket it:
- If you wish to remove a gem later, you'll need to use a special item: Jewelers' Pincers. The higher the level of the gem, the higher the level of the pincers you must use to remove it.
- Removing an enchantment is not possible. If you want to remove an enchantment, you must dispel it, but this will cause you to lose the piece of gear forever.
The only two ways to obtain enchantment scrolls are by completing daily quests or purchasing enchantment chests as part of game offers. The only way to obtain gems is by exploring rare Crypts.
You can obtain enchantments by completing daily jobs or purchasing them in the store. You can get gems exploring rare crypts or crafting them using rare flickering dust.
In order to be able to socket gems and enchantments, you need to have researched the "Gem and enchantment socketing" technology in the Academy.